I see individuals who are having difficulties in any form of relationship, whether with spouse / partner and their extended relations, at work with colleagues or boss, with parents or other family members, with friends and social groups. Problems with relationships may also be linked with lack of self confidence, anxiety and depression, so that the whole person needs to be taken into consideration.
I can help you to:
- Acknowledge and let go of your past destructive experiences
- Replace negative expectations with more realistic, helpful ones
- Learn how to communicate your needs more effectively with colleagues and loved ones
- Be able to say ‘No’ appropriately when necessary
- Identify how to put more fun into your life
- Become more sure of yourself in all aspects of your being
Some of the signs of dysfunctional relationships are:
- Feeling drained, overwhelmed, stressed when with the other person
- Being constantly in ‘people pleasing’ mode
- Being constantly in a state of red alert
- Being afraid or unable to make time for your own interests and activities
- Feeling bullied in any way
This is by no means an exhaustive list but if any of these apply to you, it is time to take action to start putting yourself first! This is not either selfish or self indulgent – it is a matter of legitimate self preservation, in order to be able to develop and flourish in your life.
It requires a lot of courage to take the next step forward and it is made easier with the help of a professional therapist. I am experienced in enabling clients to look at and move beyond their past in a safe way, through Psychodynamic Psychotherapy; in finding practical ways of making long lasting changes by using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness Strategies, Breathing and Relaxation techniques.
If you would like to discuss your needs with me in a free 15 minute telephone conversation please ring me on either: 01483 767018 or 07796 698097 to fix a time. Alternatively, please contact me via email.