Experience & Qualifications
With more than 24 years’ experience as a counsellor and therapist, I have a thriving private practice, which includes clients from Insurance companies, Employee Assistance Programmes and the University of Law in Guildford.
In order to gain full professional accreditation by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy I completed well over the minimum number of post-qualification practice hours as well as a written submission, by which I had to demonstrate clearly my understanding of both theory and best practice.
To maintain my standard of accreditation I undertake Continuous Professional Development courses, which ensures that I regularly deepen and update my knowledge and practice.
I also consult regularly with fellow therapists to talk through the more complex issues I come across. All of this is totally confidential and abides by the BACP Code of Ethics.
As part of my qualifications I have had both therapy and coaching myself, so I know what it feels like to go through the process!
My qualifications are:
- Senior Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (www.bacp.co.uk)
- The Coaching Academy Qualified Personal Development Coach (www.the-coaching-academy.com),
- Post Graduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Skills
- Member of the Family Mediators Association (no longer active now)
- Diploma in Pastoral Theology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling, Birkbeck College, London.
- BA (Hons) Oxon, Modern Languages